Supernumerary quota for Foreign Nationals (FN), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) & Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC)
Fifteen percent (15%) over and above the “Approved Intake” per Course in all the AICTE approved Institutions and University Departments, approved by the Council, offering technical Courses shall be allowed on supernumerary basis for admitting students from amongst Foreign Nationals/ Overseas Citizen of India/ Persons of Indian Origin (OCI/ PIOs)/ Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries. One third (1/ 3) of these 15% seats shall be reserved for the Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries.
Any vacant seat in a given Course, out of 1/ 3rd seats reserved for Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries shall be reverted to the quota of 2/ 3rd meant for OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals and vice- versa. Beside this, any vacant seat in the “Approved Intake” after the last round of the admission of the concerned State Government, may be filled with Foreign Nationals/ Overseas Citizen of India/ Persons of Indian Origin (OCI/ PIOs)/ Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries subject to approval from AICTE for the above quota and fulfillment of requisite infrastructure as per the Approval Process Handbook. (AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2020-21)
Procedure to be followed for FN/OCI/PIOThe filled in applications along with following supporting documents should be sent only through courier with the following enclosures:
- Original Demand draft of the Application Fee of 25 USD
- Four passport size photos with name written behind the photographs
- Copies of statement of marks of class 10, class 11, and lass 12(A level). If results awaited, marks available currently.
- Equivalence Certificate from Association of Indian Universities.
- Copies of Transfer certificate from last institute
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa (Visa if available)
Procedure to be followed for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC)Documents to be submitted by Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries :
- All the relevant academic documents.
- Father’s OR Mother’s Visa copy in English Language. (Translated to English)(Upload it)
- No Visiting Visa holder can sponsor a student or who holds a Visa with ‘House Wife’ status.
- Father’s OR Mother’s Certificate of employment on company letterhead, which is valid & attested by Indian embassy or ministry abroad. OR Sworn affidavit on employment, endorsed by Indian Embassy.
Upload copy (Original should be submitted in office)
Any attempt to mislead by furnishing false information or fictitious document regarding employment, relationship with candidate etc will be liable for civil or criminal action as warranted by the appropriate law and the applicant and the parent or guardian will be squarely held responsible for such acts or attempts and the institutions will not bear any responsibility in this regard.
- Bahrain – or Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Oman – or Sultanate of Oman.
- Saudi Arabia – or Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- UAE – United Arab Emirates. 7 emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah & Umm al-Quwain)