Supernumerary quota for Foreign Nationals (FN), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) & Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC)
Fifteen percent (15%) over and above the “Approved Intake” per course in all the AICTE -approved Institutions and University Departments, offering technical courses shall be allowed on supernumerary basis for admitting students from amongst Foreign Nationals/ Overseas Citizens of India/ Persons of Indian Origin (FN/OCI/ PIOs)/ Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries. One-third (1/ 3) of these 15% seats shall be reserved for the Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries (CIWGC).
Any vacant seat in a given Course, out of 1/ 3rd seats reserved for Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries shall be reverted to the quota of 2/ 3rd meant for OCI/ PIO/ Foreign Nationals and vice- versa. Besides this, any vacant seat in the “Approved Intake” after the last round of the admission of the concerned State Government, may be filled with Foreign Nationals/ Overseas Citizens of India/ Persons of Indian Origin (FN/OCI/ PIOs)/ Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries (CIWGC) subject to approval from AICTE for the above quota and fulfilment of requisite infrastructure as per the Approval Process Handbook. (AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2020-21)
Procedure to be followed for FN/OCI/PIOThe filled-in applications along with following supporting documents should be sent only through courier with the following enclosures:
- Original Demand draft for the Application Fee of 25 USD
- Four passport size photos with name written at the back.
- Copies of statement of marks of Class 10, Class 11, and Class 12 (A-level). If results are awaited, marks available currently.
- Equivalence Certificate from Association of Indian Universities.
- Copy of Transfer Certificate from the last institution attended
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Visa (if available)
Procedure to be followed for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC)Documents to be submitted by Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries :
- All the relevant academic documents.
- Father’s OR Mother’s Visa copy in English. (Translated to English and uploaded)
- No Visiting Visa holder nor one who holds a Visa with ‘Housewife’ status can sponsor a student.
- Father’s OR Mother’s Certificate of employment on company letterhead, which is valid & attested by the Indian Embassy or Ministry abroad. OR Sworn affidavit on employment, endorsed by the Indian Embassy. Upload copy (Original should be submitted in office) Any attempt to mislead by furnishing false information or fictitious document regarding employment, relationship with candidate etc will be liable for civil or criminal action as warranted by the appropriate law and the applicant and the parent or guardian will be squarely held responsible for such acts or attempts and the institutions will not bear any responsibility in this regard.
- Bahrain – or Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Kuwait – or State of Kuwait
- Oman – or Sultanate of Oman.
- Qatar – or State of Qatar
- Saudi Arabia – or Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- UAE – United Arab Emirates. 7 emirates (Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al-Khaimah, Sharjah & Umm Al Quwain)